Living Under God’s Favor
Why is this important? To live under the favor of God.
- When we live under the favor of God, God protects and breathes life into our finances.
- When we live under God’s favor, he protects our health.
- When we live under the favor of God, He protects our possessions.
- Duet 29:5; Psalm 5:12
- When we live under the favor of God, He will protect or relationships
How do we live under the favor of God?
- Generosity: If you want the favor of God, we must be generous.
- Proverbs 11:24-26
- God is a generous God and He expects us to live the same way.
- Don’t think of this as give in order to get. No that’s not it at all.
- This is live generously because my God is generous and I want to live under His favor.
- Obedience the favor of the lord is rooted in obedience.
- Deut 6:24
- Proverbs 16:20
- Luke 11:28
- Trust: Favor is very much rooted in complete trust of the Lord.
- Matt 6:26
- James 1:17
- Romans 13:1-3
- Scripture also tells us that God is a jealous God.
- If you trust something else, He will leave you to what you trusted.
- If you trust in something other than the Favor of God, God will turn you over to what you trusted.
- Bless others
- Thankful heart
- Deut 29:5 The context here is that God was pointing out how he had taken care of them during the wilderness years and they didn’t realize it.
- Noticing the little things that God does and having a thankful heart will bring more favor.
- Listen to and obey the Holy Spirit.
- James 1:5
- Tithe It is not possible to live under the favor of God if you’re not tithing.