Tired and weary??
Eph 5:14 I Felt like the breast plate of righteousness was the answer to our heaviness and tiredness.
Verse 14 In the Greek the verb to “to put on” is repeated in this clause, the NIV assumes that.
- So it would read and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
- The enemy constantly attacks our standing with God and our righteousness.
- We put on the breastplate of righteousness as a defense against the enemy’s attacks on our righteousness.
- Why over the heart? Obviously in terms of physical armor our heart is essential to life.
- If a solider takes an arrow to the heart he is probably dead.
- But in the spirit realm it is a little different.
- The heart is the place of our affections, and where our affections are there goes much of our time and energy.
- Because we have lost this protection of our breastplate over our Spiritual heart we are tired and weary.
- I felt like the Lord was saying to us, the people of god, we need to reexamine our own
- Basically, the junk of this word is contaminating our hearts and affections draining our energy.
- Turning our affections toward other things that are not Jesus.
So what do we do? We need to restore and put on again that protective breastplate of righteousness.
First, what are some physical things I can do to walk in righteousness?
Then second, How do to wear and reinstall Jesus’s righteousness.
Let’s start with what are sone physical things we can do.
- Isa 26: 23 If we have a steadfast mind on Jesus, He will keep us in perfect peace.
- So the first thing we can do is a hard refocus onto Jesus and His ways.
- 1 Peter 3:10-11 If we follow the simple prescription of this passage the eyes of the Lord are upon us and He will hear our prayers.
- The second thing we can do is immerse ourselves in Scripture.
- Timothy 3:16-17 This will help to reestablish our shield of Righteousness and even train us in righteousness.
- Pour ourselves into scripture, Even use the audio Bible.
- The third things we can do is discern what The Lord might be doing in us.
- Hebrews 12:11Has the Lord has us in a season of discipline to bring about righteousness.
None of these actions themselves will stop the weariness, but they will help to restore the breastplate of righteousness which is our protection.
Second, Then How do to wear and reinstall Jesus’s righteousness.
- First is repentance, 1 john 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- I think there is a place for repentance here for having given so much of our attention to other things.
- Second is prayer, James 5:14