Learning to be Content
Philippians 4:11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
- Paul didn’t just magically become content.
- He__________ to be content.
- Paul was not focused on the ____________ around him.
- Rather, he focused on _________and his __________.
- Paul is showing us that the material, or the amount of something, doesn’t have to negatively impact our contentment.
- This word used here means: to learn the _________ of, to initiate into the___________.
- So, it seems that at least for Paul “learning” to be content can be a bit of a__________.
- And, the contentment didn’t come without Paul’s own strength being ________ and ___________.
- Contentment and complaining cannot ________.
- There is also a Difference between being content and _____________.
- Complacency is rooted in ____________ and lack of trust in God.
- Contentment is rooted in the ____________ of God, in every circumstance.